From December 11, 2023 to December 14, 2023 at Hoa Binh Square, Vi Thanh city, Hau Giang province, Vietnam International Rice Festival - Hau Giang 2023 officially took place with the message "Green Rice, for Life".
Deputy Prime Minister Tran Luu Quang and high-ranking delegation visited the booth "Water resouces for sustainable agricultural development"
The goal of the festival is to promote the image of the country and people of Vietnam as friendly, industrious, hospitable and promote Vietnam's thousands of years of wet rice civilization. Prof. Dr. Trinh Minh Thu - President of Thuy Loi University along with leaders of Department of Science, Technology and International Cooperation, representatives of Southern Campus and students of Thuy Loi University participated in the Opening Ceremony and organized the exhibition of science and technology products serving sustainable agricultural development.
The festival has the participation of more than 214 international delegates from 37 countries. Along with the presence of many high-ranking domestic leaders such as Deputy Prime Minister Tran Luu Quang and representatives of many ministries and departments at the Central Government. Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Le Minh Hoan opened the festival and directly led the delegation to visit the booths and attend a series of seminars within the festival. Representatives of many delegations from Departments and Agencies in localities across the country attended.
At the festival, there are more than 250 booths displaying rice products, OCOP products, culinary delicacies from rice, introducing machinery and flying equipment for rice production and activities demonstrating the mechanization process in the fields, specialized conferences and seminars on production - science and technology - Vietnam rice market policy. In particular, Thuy Loi University's booth introduced visiting delegates to the important contributions of Thuy Loi University's science and technology products related to the growth process, protecting the growing and post-harvest environment of rice. Among them, there are 7 products of special interest to Ministry leaders, former Ministry leaders and visitors, including:
- Copper ion electrolysis machine applied to disinfect bacteria, moss, and fungi for water sources serving the rice-shrimp/fish model;
- Trico-TLU product has the ability to inhibit and destroy pathogenic fungi on the root system of rice. The product is used to convert straw into organic fertilizer using Tricoderma fungus spores.
- Cellulose acetate bioplastic products are synthesized from rice straw and used to produce nano filters for medical ventilators and to make high-quality filter paper in the laboratory.
- Nano SiO2 material is prepared from rice husk ash, the product has the ability to treat wastewater, increase chloride ion permeability, increase compressive strength and durability of concrete in chloride ion aggressive environments.
- The UAV toolkit real-time monitors the water quality of the reservoir, helping to establish a spatial map of reservoir water quality to detect polluted areas early.
- Flood and inundation simulation system for water resource management in the Mekong Delta.
- Report of analyzing the salinity mechanism in the Hau River and determining when fresh water appears in the dry season, serving the management and operation of the salinity control system and water collection for agriculture, fisheries and daily life.
Leaders of Water Resouces Division Units took commemorative photos with Prof.Dr. Tran Hong Thai - Deputy Minister of Science and Technology
In addition, the ACROSS Center (cooperating with the French Institute for Sustainable Development) also appointed Dr. Alexis to introduce related products at Thuy Loi University's booth.
It can be said that the products displayed at Vietnam International Rice Festival - Hau Giang 2023 of Thuy Loi University are not only an opportunity to promote the school to the domestic and international community but also bring useful and practical scientific solutions, contribute to increasing the value of Vietnamese rice as well as contributing to the sustainable development of the agricultural sector and the goal of low emissions combined with a green environment for the community.
Prof. Dr. Trinh Minh Thu took commemorative photos with officers participating in introducing irrigation industry products at the Festival
The products have attracted the attention of delegates, promising a strong cooperative relationship between Thuy Loi University and future partners in enhancing the ability to apply scientific research results in the field of agriculture and environmental protection.