Thuyloi University welcomed Prof. Dr.Sc. Giorgi Melikidze – Vice President of the University of Zielona Góra, Poland and Prof. Dr. Sc. Cao Long Van – Coordinator for cooperation with Vietnam on 27 March 2019 and discussed future cooperation activities.
Visit of the delegation of the University of Zielona Góra, Poland to the Thuyloi University
University of Zielona Góra (UUZ) is one of the youngest academic institutions in Poland offering a wide range of courses in arts, humanities, social science, economics, science and engineering. This was the first official visit of UUZ to TLU after the MOU of comprehensive cooperation between the two universities was signed at the end of 2018.
Prof. Dr.Sc. Giorgi Melikidze – UUZ Vice President (left) and Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Canh Thai, TLU Vice President (right)
Upon the mutual agreement on the detailed plan for upcoming joint activities, the two parties have agreed to sign a MOA to promote the scientific and technological cooperation through the following activities:
- Exchange of staff, lecturers, students, and mutual traineeships;
- Sharing experience in teaching curriculums of BSc, MSc, PhD programs of Faculty of Environment, Thuyloi University and Faculty of Biological Sciences, University of Zielona Góra, Poland (focusing on biotechnology for environment);
- Joint research on biotechnology, application of biotechnology to environmental treatment and environmental biology including ecological monitoring and assessment in the framework of joint projects supported by UUZ, TLU and other donors;
- Investigation, derivation and application of biologically active substances and stored compounds of higher plants and algae, beeswax and honey; application of research in MSc and PhD thesis;
- Exchange of scientific and technical materials and information about research and development works of the universities;
- Investigation in the area of biochemistry of active substances in animals and plants (including algae and biological indicator organisms), biological testing and elaboration of procedures of practical use;
- And joint conferences and other academic meetings.
It is highly believed that in the near future, plenty of new cooperation activities and exchange opportunities between the UUZ and the TLU partners will be promoted, strengthening and expanding cooperation relationship between the two sides.